Join me on Walk + Draw, a guided walk in a beautiful East Lothian coastal location where I will use the activity of sketching and drawing as a focus for creating and enhancing wellbeing. A visual journal of our experience in the landscape, the aim is to create a sense of connection with our surroundings and how we feel being in nature.
The East Lothian Coast has a variety of landscapes including woodlands, beaches, sea, and estuaries. The changing weather will add an element to respond to in our sketchbooks, especially wind and rain!
I will be encouraging periods of silence during the walk so that we can fully immerse ourselves in the sights and sounds of the landscape. There will be quick sketches and two or three chances for more sustained drawings. By the end you will feel revitalised and ready to start your week!
Suitable for any level of drawing.
– the walk will go ahead come rain or shine so please be prepared for any kind of weather
– no dogs please
– please put phones on silent or airplane mode
– you will need to be fit enough to walk / be on your feet for 2-3 hours although pace will be gentle
– there are usually public toilets at the start and end of the walk
– small group of up to 4-6 people so please book your spot in advance*
Next Walk + Draw Date:
Allow 2-3 hours
£12.50 per person
What To Bring:
Sketchbook (A4 or A5 recommended), pencils, eraser and sharpener
Flask with hot drink (highly recommended!)
Waterproofs and warm clothing / layers plus walking shoes or boots
Clipboard to rest your sketchbook on
Other drawing materials like charcoal and ink
A portable stool or chair
Please email me at email@example.com to book your spot or if you have any questions!
*Sorry, no drop-ins.