Are You The Director Of Your Life?
Editor’s note: I shared this post about being the Director of your life in my latest newsletter and I also wanted to post it on my blog for my regular readers as I feel it might help someone – especially if you’re thinking about your goals and intentions for the year ahead. Please feel free to share with your friends and family.
If you’d like to receive my newsletter then please click here to subscribe. It would be great to connect with you that way!
On Saturday 16th January 2016 I attended VIP Mastermind, a local conference, where 18 speakers shared their knowledge, expertise and some helpful tips for entrepreneurs and business owners. One of my friends and local business owner, Dawn Thomson, was one of the speakers and she was the reason why I knew about the event and went along to it.
I must admit that one of my favourite talks that day was the one that Dawn did! Dawn is an EFT master and NLP practitioner. Her talk’s headline was “Your Movie, Your Life” and that drew me in. I enjoyed hearing how she uses the metaphor of a movie for creating your life, your way. As some of you know, that’s right up my street!
Some of the things she shared I’d love to share with you in case anything resonates or helps:
- You are the Director of your life. If you’re not directing your movie, then who is?
- Get excited about your own movie!
- Thinking about your life as a movie on a projector screen creates distance to look at yourself and your life more objectively.
- Are you starring in your own movie or is someone else the lead character? Who are your co-stars and do they add value to your movie?
- Whose script are you following and using? Are you writing your own?
- What ‘location’ are you using? Is your movie playing out where you want it to be?
This is but a snapshot of my notes. But they are a great starting point to think about your own life – it certainly had me pondering and realising in which areas I was not being the leading lady.
Is there an area in your life where you feel stuck? Or maybe you feel stuck with your creativity? How can you use the above questions to start to move forward and take back the Director’s seat? Please share in the comments below!